Saturday, January 4, 2014

WARNING calibrate_APIC_clock: the APIC timer calibration may be wrong

WARNING calibrate_APIC_clock: the APIC timer calibration may be wrong

I got this error message on Virtualbox Linux guest boot. Given below the workaround to fix the issue.

While booing edit the grub and modify as follows

Previos Grub line

kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.18-238.el5 ro root=LABEL=/ noapic acpi=off rhgb quiet


Modification has to be done to boot the OS

kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.18-238.el5 ro root=LABEL=/ divider=10 rhgb quiet

Now the VM is working fine.

3 comments:

  1. I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first
    comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep
    visiting this blog very often. I am an Glassware calibration lab in Chennai.
    I feel great after reading this information. Please make update I will be regular rss to this site.
    Mass Calibration Lab in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  2. very very amazing explaintion....many things gather about yourself...yes realy i enjoy it
    Digital Marketing company

    in Chennai

    ReplyDelete